Robert W. Dillon, Ph.D. is a composer and performer of fingerstyle guitar instrumentals. He has composed over thirty brilliantly mastered originals (theme compositions) and has arranged numerous instrumentals of modern day music.
Robert's originals have been played on various TV shows, radio stations in the U.S., and published in national guitar magazines. Robert's music is ideal for background music in film, TV, nature, science, culture, art and history documentaries. Robert was also featured in a master workshop in the nationally acclaimed Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine.
Years of practicing and developing a flawless classical fingerstyle technique in combination with a diverse repertoire have influenced and enhanced his abilities in developing a signature sound for his originals. His refined classical fingerstyle technique applied to his music allows him to compose wonderful sounding three-dimensional compositions that have won the hearts of many listeners.
Robert's originals combine a variety of guitar tunings with his unique fingerstyle technique to produce rich and expressive tones that are heard as three-dimensional melodies (foreground, middleground, and background) to create an almost "orchestral" sound.
Concert Quality Guitars:
- Taylor model 914ce Grand Auditorium cutaway-electric (steel-string) guitar (yr. 2014)
- Taylor model NS74ce Grand Auditorium cutaway-electric (nylon-string) guitar (yr. 2010)
- Traugott model R cutaway "custom-built" (steel-string) guitar (yr. 2000)
Music Publications and Highlights:
- Songs of the 70's & 80's for Fingerstyle Guitar (2013)
- Favorite Classical Guitar Instrumentals (2012)
- Fingerstyle Guitar & Percussion (2005)
- Christmas Classics (2004)
- Renewed Memories (2002)
- Images From The Heart (2000)
- Printed Music:
- Fingerstyle Guitar Instructional Book, Vol I, (2005) with music theory and notation, exercises, and instrumentals
- Guitar Music Book (music notation and tablature) (2000) of the music on the "Images From The Heart" CD
- Original Transcriptions from the "Renewed Memories" and "Images From The Heart" CDs
- Media Coverage:
- Full interview on KATV Channel 7 "Good Morning Arkansas Show"
- Full interview on THV Channel 11 "Arkansas Today Show" (music from the CDs are played during commercials)
- Locally heard on KLCC and KRVM in Eugene, Oregon
- Featured in numerous newspapers, magazines, and on Internet web sites
- Broadcasted over many radio stations and phone services in the United States
- Master Workshop on Big Lee "Leo" for the
"Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine", issue no. 53
- Selected by the D'Addario Company to endorse D'Addario guitar strings
- Selected by the Shubb Company to endorse Shubb capos
- Performs in the SW Florida region, and used to perform extensively on the west coast and in the mid-continent states for many occasions (weddings, concerts, fine dining, wine tasting events, special functions, etc..)
- During 2000 to 2005, Robert averaged 63 documented performances per year
Education and Background:
- Born in New Orleans, Louisiana on January 29, 1958
- At nine years old, Robert took private piano lessons and learned music theory. At sixteen, Robert found his true passion -- the guitar, especially the fingerstyle technique. He was primarily self-taught at that time and applied his knowledge of the piano to the guitar. After a year of playing, he received formal instruction and proper classical guitar technique from the master virtuoso "Frank Martinez" while living in New Orleans. Frank studied under the world's most famous and renowned classical guitarist "Andres Segovia." Robert then entered college at the age of 16, and became interested in the science programs. Though, he focused on his passion (the guitar) throughout his life. His first professional guitar performance was at the age of 18. At that time, he was hired to transcribe and perform church pieces for the guitar (in place of the organist).
- B.S. degree in Earth Science from the University of New Orleans (1980)
- M.S. degree in Geology & Geophysics from the University of Missouri-Rolla (1993)
- Ph.D. degree in Geology & Geophysics from the University of Missouri-Rolla (1999)
- Geologist for Texaco Oil Company (1980-83) and U.S. Geological Survey (1984-99)
- Adjunct Geological Professor for four academic institutions in Missouri (1994-97):
Drury College, Maryville University, Columbia College, and Park College
- Adjunct Professor in Earth Science for Florida Southwestern State College "FSW" (2019-present). As of Spring 2022, Robert has taught 64 classes in 10 geology-related courses.
- Chief Technical Analyst/Entrepreneur in the stock market (1997-present) and manages four successful financial web sites
(StockMarketTiming.com, TSPFundTrading.com, QQQTrading.com, and GoldSilverSystem.com), which provide professional advice for individual investors, contracts with financial advisors, government employees and retirees, and mutual fund managers.
- Master guitarist, and composer and performer of new acoustic and classical guitar instrumentals (1975-present). Robert focuses on composing instrumentals for nature and wildlife documentaries, and film.
- Robert is married to singer, Janet Dillon and live in Naples, FL. They perform together as a fingerstyle guitar & singer duo "AcousticSunset.com"
- Owns two homes - Naples, FL and Eugene, OR
- Active member of the Institute of Human Origins and the Leakey Foundation
- Composing guitar instumentals, tennis, aerial photography, scuba diving, nature hikes, biking, concerts, theatre, watching nature documentaries, traveling, and passionate regarding animals and the environment
Copyright © 2000 - 2022
All Rights Reserved